Online Success Requires a Website Marketing Plan
A successful Website Marketing & Development Plan serves as a
blueprint to attract more clients and profits. All the elements of
a well done
marketing plan must be consistent and open to change from all
areas as the organization evolves.
The key elements of a successful website marketing and
development plan include:
The Market Place
- The company background and approach to sales and marketing.
- Products and services offered, and the unique benefit provided to the buyer.
- Industry standards, new marketing ideas, and emotional
components associated with certain products or services.
- Sale cycles and typical marketing collateral used throughout the
- Personnel required and job descriptions for those involved in the
execution of the marketing and development plan.
Website Marketing Strategy
Clarify existing customers and those most appealing in the future.
Segment the the best prospects and clarify if there are additional
opportunities to sell to other businesses or organizations. Also,
gather evidence that customers need your products and services.
- Segmentation - divide potential market into categories, items shared in common, or segments of an industry.
- Targeting - by geographic area, income, demographics, and unique
characteristics of prospects in the target market.
- Positioning - key reasons a customer will buy your product and service.
Making sure the website conveys a consistent image with the organizational
- Call to action - making every page on the website easy to purchase or learn more.
- Mission statement - make sure the target market knows the value
proposition - don't assume they do!
- Value proposition - what
emotions and needs are necessary for a successful conversion.
- The objectives
- what actions will make the website a success
- Clarifying success -
create objectives that can be measured while maintaining value for
intangibles inherent in long term success.
- Competition - who, where, product lines, prices, employees,
strengths, weakness, market share, market strategy.
- Set up files on each competitor including ads, promotions, and web
- Sale cycles and inventory requirements.
- Create mechanisms for the sales team to leverage and maximize the
benefits of a well developed and evolving website.
- Search engine advertising including pay per click and paid
- Search engine optimization including keyword analysis and page
Budgets are estimates tied to specific allocation of revenues.
- Itemization of expected expenditures.
- Annual marketing budget.
- The expected return on investment and break-even analysis.
- Reinvestment strategy
Measuring Marketing Plan Effectiveness
- A system for determining sales leads (word of mouth, search engines,
- Analyzing conversion rates (prospects versus sales)
- Compare against marketing plan objectives and industry benchmarks.
Executing the Website Marketing Plan
- Timing - for many types of products and services there are optimal times for selling.
- Plan every step of the project, build in extra time and establish
- Put employee tasks in writing with exact instructions and scheduled completion dates.
- Specialized knowledge is usually required and hired professionals will save time, money and frustration.
- Every successful project must have the details clarified and before
specific tasks are initiated.
What effects your Website Marketing Plan
Get the market research needed to plan for the unexpected. Computerized databases at the library or on the Internet can provide the answers you seek. Newspapers have archives to retrieve research on every subject.
- The economy
- Government policies, local and federal
and social values
- Lifestyle trends
How Your Website Will Grow Your Business
This is the bottom line in your Website Marketing Plan.
- What is needed to bring more customers to your business and purchase?
- How do you retain current clients and upsell existing customers?
- How does your business segment the most valuable customers and serve them better?
Andrew Williams, President of Nectar Marketing, can work with you to
create and execute and marketing plan for maximum growth and profits.
With over a decade of experience in marketing and website development
and MBA for a leading program, Andrew brings valuable business expertise
that is essential for business success.
Contact Andrew today to discuss your
company and website initiatives today.